General: Inquiries regarding commercial solicitation on the Atlanta campus of Georgia State should be directed to the Student Center Event Management office. Inquiries for all other campuses should be directed to Craig Lipsey, email@example.com, Senior
Director for Campus Services.
- Exceptions: Inquiries for solicitation activities to take place in the University Bookstore Building should be forwarded to Campus Services. Inquiries for solicitation activities to take place in the Sports Arena should be forwarded to Charlie Cobb,
firstname.lastname@example.org, Athletic Director.
Application and Agreement: A signed Georgia State Commercial Solicitation Application and Agreement must be submitted at least three working days prior to the date on which the opportunity to solicit on campus is requested. Once a space is confirmed a link
to an online payment store will be provided for payment by credit card. Acceptance of a tendered Application and Agreement by the university is not guaranteed and is at the university’s sole discretion.
Tax ID: Each solicitor must provide, and have on file, a current copy of their Federal Identification Number. No solicitors will be scheduled without a Federal ID number on file.
Solicitation Fee: In exchange for the opportunity to solicit sales on campus, a daily solicitation fee of $50 or 15 percent of gross sales, whichever is greater, must be paid to the university. If the commercial solicitation involves the sale of goods or
services for which payment is to be made at a later time (e.g. telecommunication services, credit card services, newspaper and magazine subscriptions, etc.) a fixed solicitation fee of $300 per day will be charged.
- Payment of the applicable solicitation fee must be paid within 48 hours of receipt of space confirmation or your reservation will be canceled.
- For solicitors to whom the $50/15 percent of gross solicitation fee applies, settlement with the university (submission of an accounting of gross sales plus payment of any amount by which 15 percent of gross sales exceeds the $50 solicitation fee already
paid) must be made within 30 days of the solicitation date. Failure to submit a true and correct accounting of gross sales to the university will result in the denial of any future solicitation requests.
- The University reserves the right to audit solicitors’ inventory records at any time.
- Additionally, reasonable overhead charges such as special maintenance, set-up and/or clean costs up may be assessed by the university.